Sunday, March 16, 2008

R.I.P. Alpha Omega


Last week, I was walking through the Prudential Center and I spotted something a little out of the ordinary. The Alpha Omega kiosk was taken apart and the sign that had been hanging down from the ceiling was lying on the floor.

Thinking that it may have been an accident, and therefore possibly newsworthy and interesting, I snapped a few pictures of the scene on my cell phone.
There wasn't anyone around that I could ask about it, so I went home and after searching for a few minutes, found this article from the Boston Business Journal, which explains that the kiosk (and other store locations) are simply closing due to bankrupcy. (Of course, I should have noticed that all the cases were empty before I got all excited and assumed that something unexpected had happened.)

Alpha Omega is (was?) a luxury jewlwery retailer, which specialized in watches. I can't say I'm deeply effected by its closing (unlike the closing of all Jasmine Sola locations, one of which was also in the Prudential Center, earlier this year) having never actually shopped there myself, but I am curious to see what kiosk will take its place.

So, I guess I didn't really capture breaking news like I had hoped, but now we know the fate of the Alpha Omega kiosk.

No comments: